Local history hub for Lost Manly & the Northern Beaches
The SS South Steyne is a former Manly ferry on Sydney Harbour. She was the world’s largest steam-powered passenger ferry and operated on the service from 1938 to 1974. Restored in the 1980s, she served as a restaurant ship in Newcastle in the 1990s, and in 2000 was moved back to Sydney and open to the public at Darling Harbour. Since April 2016 she has been stored at Berrys Bay. She was added to the New South Wales State Heritage Register on 2 April 1999.
The South Steyne was designed by Walter Leslie Dendy and John Ashcroft and built from 1937 to 1938 by Henry Robb Ltd. of Scotland.
Art Deco Reproduction Travel Poster South Steyne, Manly, Sydney Harbour© A2 Dimensions: 50cm (width) x 75cm (length)
Seven Miles from Sydney a Thousand Miles from Care Australian Maritime Heritage The Manly Ferries 1900-1960©
SS South Steyne maiden voyage to Manly on Sydney Harbour 1938© b&w print A3 – 60X45cm
New to our collection is our Vintage Colour Posters $24.95 each or 3 for $59.95
Plus the South Steyne Heritage & History of Manly Ferries set of 3 posters $49.95 or $24.95 each
Showing 1–3 of 9 results